The Teacher And Parent Association (TAPA) seeks to provide opportunities for all members of the Piscataway Campus in planning and working together for the benefit and improvement of all concerned – students, faculty, administration, and parents. The home and school are brought together through the efforts of the parent-teacher volunteers. Events and activities are designed to enhance communication and support of student and staff efforts. Membership includes parents and guardians of the students, faculty, alumni, and any person affiliated with the Piscataway Campus who so desires to be an active member of our organization. Membership shall be on an annual or multi-year basis depending on the dues option selected. Dues are $10.00 for one year
1. Role & responsibility of Parent/Teacher Organization
To plan and implement various fun raising events throughout the school year that will increase school spirit and camaraderie. Parents, grandparents, alumni, students, prospective new parents/students, and the community should be included in these events.
a. Discussion on 2014 - 15 goals, events, and activities for the school year with input from all parents.
· Family Night
· Grandparents Appreciation Breakfast
· Staff/Faculty/Administration Appreciation Luncheon
· Sports Recognition Events
· Student of the month resources
b. Supporting the various school functions that advisers are sponsoring.
c. Review of tentative activity calendar for 2014-15 school year...
2. Governor's Educator of the Year Program
a. Governor's Teacher
b. Educational Services Professional Recognition Program
3. Late Bus Permission Forms
4. School Report Card Discussion
5. School Suspension & Attendance Data Review
6. Middlesex Youth Suicide Prevention Taskforce youth training
7. Security Camera System Updates
8. Technology Completion in building
9. Open House
10. Genesis Parent Training
11. October Building Highlights & Plans for November
12. Transition of responsibilities of family liaison with TAPA
13. Tutorial Program & Resources
14. Naviance Parent Night
15. School Breakfast Program
16. School Climate & Culture Committee Role & responsibility
17. Honeywell Alerts
18. Graduation Program & Prom
19. School Safety Program Update
a. Student ID’s
b. Emergency procedures